Ibsen International is a company founded in 2010 with the mission of initiating international collaborations in the fields of art and culture through a genuinely intercultural dialogue based on transparency, tolerance and mutual respect.
Ibsen International believes in the creative potential embedded in the encounter with the Other, without restrictions of nationality, race, gender or (political and religious) faith.
Ibsen International’s main aims are:
- to promote the meeting of artists from different backgrounds, nationalities, and disciplines
- to facilitate the creative process towards the production of original ideas
- to support the creative team until the production of the project’s final form
- This includes, but is not limited to, the implementation of projects taking Henrik Ibsen’s works and core themes as a departure point (i.e. human rights, gender equality, preservation of the environment, individual liberty, fight against corruption, positive process of globalization)
- to initiate collaborative actions involving national and international institutions, companies and organizations for producing, touring, and researching activities such as performances, festivals, conferences, seminars, workshops and more.